Effective Date: January 1, 2023
Collection of Information
It is necessary to provide us with some personal information (e.g., name, address, email, phone number, etc.) to use certain content, features, and functionality of the Service (e.g., ordering from us).
Our policies and practices regarding personal information collected from children are explained at Section 8.
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
We share personal information for a variety of purposes, including:
-- to deliver and improve our products and services;
-- with our Affiliates (defined below);
-- with our Service Providers as needed to run our business;
-- with marketing and advertising partners, some of whom may use your Personal Information to market their products to you or to target ads to you online;
-- as needed for security, fraud prevention, and other similar purposes;
-- in connection with corporate transactions (e.g., merger or sale);
Your Rights and Choices
This Policy explains your rights and choices regarding your personal information and our communications with you, including:
-- Nevada residents have certain privacy rights detailed at Section 10.A;
-- California residents have certain privacy rights detailed at Section 10.B;
--Virginia residents have certain privacy rights detailed at Section 10.C;
-- Options regarding tracking technologies, online advertising, and communications from us are covered at Section 9;
-- Children’s privacy rights are explained at Section 8.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
“Personal information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal information does not include information that is publicly available, de-identified, or aggregated. The Personal information BRCC, its Service Providers and/or third-party services may collect includes:
- Contact information and identifiers (such as your name, alias, postal address, phone number, customer number, social media identifiers, online identifiers used for our website and apps, internet protocol address, email address, account name)
- Payment information
- Demographic information (such as your education, employment, age, and military or veteran status)
- Information about products or services you purchase, obtain or consider, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. Also includes information from surveys, promotions and product reviews.
- Device usage information (such as your browser type and language, operating system, internet or mobile network provider, website access time, duration of visit, referring website address, browsing and search history on our website and apps, webpages viewed immediately before and after our website, information related to your interactions with our website, apps, social media pages, emails, online chat and text messages communications, and advertisements)
- Your geolocation (based upon information you provide or inferred from your IP address)
- Audiovisual information (such as security camera recordings in our stores and audio data collected when you call our customer service numbers)
- The contents of your communications with us via phone, email, text message, chat, or other means (such as survey responses, product reviews, and comments on our blog and social media pages)
- Inferences about you from any other category of information we collect
We collect your personal information through various means, including when you directly provide it to us and automatically through your use of the Service. We may also collect personal information about you from our Service Providers and from third parties.
- Information You Provide
- Information Collected Automatically
BRCC collects personal information you provide directly when you use or register for the Service, purchase products via the Service, subscribe to notifications, post content on the Service, participate in our promotional activities or loyalty program, respond to our surveys, review a product, communicate with us, connect with us on social media, or otherwise send information to us.
BRCC, its Service Providers, and/or third-party services may also automatically collect Device Usage Information about you when you access or use the Service. The methods that may be used on the Service to automatically collect Device Usage Information include:
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, and may be stored in log files.
- Where necessary to run our website, for example by allowing you to log in and add items to your cart
- To optimize the functionality of our website, including by personalizing content for you, greeting you by name and remembering your preferences (e.g., your choice of language or region)
- For analytics purposes—for example, to help us understand how our website is used, to see what products most interest you, and determine how best to market our products to you. More information on website analytics is provided below.
- For purposes of ad targeting and marketing. These cookies collect information about your browsing behavior on our website in order to show you interest-based advertising when you visit other websites or use social media.
- To determine if you open or act upon our email messages. Information on unsubscribing from our commercial email communications is provided below.
- To obtain information about your interactions with our online advertisements, such as whether you clicked on an ad and the website where you may have seen the ad
Cookies vary in how long they last. “Session cookies” terminate shortly after you terminate your internet session. “Persistent cookies” are stored on your device until a set expiration date. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on our website. In certain instances, we may also contract with vendors to help us analyze activity on our websites through session replay technologies to help us understand and analyze how visitors use our Services, and to improve the Services. These technologies may collect the following types of information, among others: IP address; screen size; device type (unique device identifiers); browser information; geographic location; and preferred language.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”):Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and email messages. Web beacons may be used, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content and advertising views.
- Embedded Scripts:An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from BRCC’s web server, or from a third party with which BRCC works, and is active only while you are connected to the Service, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-Identifying Technologies: geo-filtering and other location-aware technologies locate you, or make assumptions about your location, for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting content, including third party ads, based on your location. If you use location-based features on the Service, your device location may be tracked by us and third parties. Our store finder feature may access and use information about your device location or your account information to suggest appropriate store locations. Our Service content may be personalized based on various information we may have about you to try to provide you with location-relevant content.
- Device Recognition Technologies:Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, as well as linking a common unique identifier to different device use (e.g., Facebook ID), which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user or household) (“Cross-device Data”).
- In-App Tracking Methods:There are a variety of tracking technologies that may be included in mobile applications, which are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifiers, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs” to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps and/or devices.
- Device and Activity Monitoring. Technologies that monitor, and may record, certain of your interactions with the Service, including without limitation, keystrokes, and/or collect and analyze information from your device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts, and other data, for purposes such as identification, security, fraud prevention, troubleshooting, tracking and/or improving the Service and customizing or optimizing your experience on the Service.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain third-party services may be collected using tracking technologies across time and services, and used by BRCC and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain third-party services. See Section 9 for your choices regarding these activities.
Our Service Providers may collect personal information on our behalf or may share personal information with us in connection with the services they provide. We also may obtain your personal information from our Affiliates. In some circumstances, we obtain personal information about you from business partners, resellers and data brokers, some of which may sell the information to us. To understand your rights and choices regarding personal information collected by other companies, please consult the privacy policies of the businesses that you interact with.
Some features of our Service allow your friends and family to share your information with us. For example, when someone uses our refer-a-friend feature, purchases a gift for you or ships a product to you, they provide us with your personal information.
We may also engage vendors to provide certain interactive features on our Site. Your use of these interactive features is voluntary, and we may retain the information that you submit through these features. For example, we may offer an interactive chat feature on the Site to assist you with your order and for other customer service purposes. When you participate in the interactive chat, either with a virtual or live agent, the contents of the chat may be captured and kept as a transcript. By using these features, you understand that our vendors may process the information obtained through the feature to provide the service on our behalf.
- To fulfill and deliver your orders;
- Allowing you to participate in the features we offer on the Service;
- Facilitating, managing, personalizing, and improving the Service;
- Processing your registration and managing your account;
- Processing returns and refunds;
- To communicate with you, including about our products and services, your orders, updates to our terms and policies, and to obtain your feedback;
- Serving you with relevant content and advertising;
- To allow you to participate in promotions, sweepstakes, contests, and loyalty programs;
- To improve the Service, our products, marketing, and advertising;
- To fulfill any other purposes disclosed at the time you provide personal information or otherwise where we are legally permitted or are required to do so; and
- Preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Within our group of companies including with our affiliates, subsidiaries, locations, and brands (collectively, our “Affiliates”) (For the privacy policies applicable to Coffee or Die and Free Range American, please click the links provided.)
- Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively, “Service Providers”) in order for them to provide their services to us. For example, we may share your personal information to process or deliver your orders, provide customer service, operate and improve our business, website and apps, improve our products and customer service, help run our promotions and loyalty programs, perform marketing and advertising functions, process payments, perform auditing and quality control, to communicate with you, and to otherwise operate our business.
- With third parties for co-marketing purposes, to improve our products and services, or to provide you with other products and services that may interest you
- With our advertising partners for the purposes of ad targeting, remarketing, and customized advertising content
- As necessary, for the following purposes: (a) to comply with any legal process; (b) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations and protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
- With our insurers and professional advisers for the purposes of managing risks, obtaining professional advice, exercising or defending against legal claims, etc.
- With third parties in connection with or during negotiations of any reorganization, acquisition, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding)
Certain functionalities on the Service permit interactions that you initiate between the Service and third-party social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include: enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Service and a third-party service; “liking” or “sharing” BRCC’s or our Affiliates’ content; logging into the Service using your third-party service account (e.g., using Facebook Connect to sign-in to the Service); and to otherwise connect the Service to a third-party service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Service). If you use Social Features, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Service or by the third-party service that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third-party service that references the Service (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with BRCC or our Affiliates in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with the Service or otherwise by us and/or our affiliates. Also, both BRCC and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Service and any third-party service.
Additionally, the Service may offer you the option to send a communication to a friend or other contact—for example, by including a gift message when you purchase products for someone else. BRCC relies on you to only send communications to people who have given you permission to do so.
BRCC takes commercially reasonable measures to protect Personal Information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and BRCC does not guarantee the security of your Personal Information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of the usernames and passwords used to access your account with us. If you suspect any unauthorized activity associated with your account, please report that activity to us immediately.
The Service is intended for a general audience and not directed to children less than sixteen (16) years of age. We do not knowingly collect the personal information of children under the age of sixteen (16). If we learn that we possess information from a child under the age of sixteen (16), we will delete such information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) or other applicable laws (such as the California Consumer Privacy Act). If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of sixteen (16) has provided us with personal information, please contact us.
California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Service, and who posted content or information on the Service, can request removal by contacting BRCC at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 355 Spencer Lane, San Antonio, TX 78201, (Attention: Chief Operations Officer), detailing where the content or information is posted and attesting that you posted it. BRCC will then make reasonable, good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view or anonymize it so the minor cannot be individually identified to the extent required by applicable law. This removal process cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal. For instance, third parties may have republished or archived content by search engines and others that BRCC does not control.
- Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
- Do Not Track Signals
- Analytics and Advertising Tracking Technologies
- Mobile Apps
- Email Communications
- Text Messages
Cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options, so you may need to set them separately. Please review your browser’s Help menu for instructions, or visit www.allaboutcookies.org for more information. Additional options for opting-out of interest-based advertising can be found at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1. Please note that if you disable all cookies, some features of our website may not function properly.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many online services, BRCC currently does not alter BRCC’s practices when BRCC receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. We do, however, respond to the For more information, please see our California Privacy Notice.
You may choose not to receive some interest-based advertising by submitting opt-outs. Some of the advertisers and Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for us may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding interest-based advertising, including use of Cross-device Data for serving ads, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA’s opt-out program specifically for mobile apps (including use of precise location for third party ads). Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of interest-based advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt-out webpages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser or use a non-browser-based method of access (e.g., mobile app), your NAI / DAA browser-based opt-out may not be effective.
We also use advertising services provided by Google Ad Services and Microsoft Advertising Services. To learn more about the data Google collects and how your data is used by it and to opt out of certain Google browser interest-based advertising, please visit here. To learn about the data Microsoft collects and how your data is used by it and to opt out of certain Microsoft browser interest-based advertising, please visit here.
In addition, we may serve ads on third-party services that are targeted to reach people on those services that are also identified on one of more of our databases (“Matched List Ads”). This is done by using tracking technologies or by matching common factors between our data bases and the data bases of the third-party services. For instance, we may use such ad services offered by Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter. We are not responsible for these third-party services, including without limitation their security of the data they hold about you. If we use Facebook to serve Matched List Ads on Facebook services, you should be able to hover over the box in the right corner of such a Facebook ad, or go to your account settings, and find out what options Facebook offers you to control such ads. If we use Twitter Matched List Ads, you should be able to review your ad options in account settings on Twitter. LinkedIn also offers controls that can limit the ads targeted to you, which are available within its Settings & Privacy menu.
BRCC is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
With respect to BRCC’s mobile apps, you can stop all collection of data generated by use of the app by uninstalling the app. To uninstall our apps, please follow the instructions from your operating system or device manufacturer. You may be able to exercise specific privacy choices, such as enabling or disabling certain features (e.g., location-based services, push notifications, accessing calendar/contacts/photos, etc.), by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device and/or the app’s settings.
You may unsubscribe from our marketing email communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found in every commercial email we send, or by sending a request to unsubscribe to email@example.com. If you opt-out of our marketing email communications, we may still send you email messages related to your account or purchases with us. Unsubscribing from our marketing communications will not affect the level or quality of service we provide to you.
You have the choice to opt in to receiving text messages and alerts on the mobile phone number(s) you share with us, and may opt out at any time. To learn more about the terms governing our text message communications, including how to opt out, please click here.
- 10A. Nevada Residents
- 10B. California Residents
- 10C. Virginia Residents
Nevada residents may opt-out of the sale of “covered information” to third parties, including but not limited to name, address, social security number, telephone number, email address, and other information through which a person may be contacted. Our uses of your Personal Information are not sales under Nevada law. If you have any questions or if you would like to receive notice by email in the event we should engage in sales of Personal Information under Nevada law in the future, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents have certain additional rights as more fully detailed in our California Privacy Notice. In the event of a conflict between that notice and this policy, that notice will govern California resident's privacy rights.
- Targeted Advertising. We may process your Personal Data for targeted advertising.
- Sales of Personal Data. We may sell your Personal Data.
If you are a resident of Virginia, you have the right to submit certain requests relating to your Personal Data as described below. To exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com, submit a request through our webform, or call us toll-free at 1-385-262-7184. Please note that we will need to authenticate your identity before your request can be processed. For authentication, you will be asked to log into your account or to provide two-to-three (2-3) pieces of Personal Data that we will match against our records.
Right to Access and Data Portability. You have the right to confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data, to access your Personal Data, and to obtain a copy of Personal Data you provided to us in a portable format.
Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data, taking into account the nature of the Personal Data and our purposes for processing it.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Data, subject to exceptions.
Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the following uses of your Personal Data: (a) targeted advertising; (b) the sale of Personal Data; and (c) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
Right to Appeal. Sometimes we are unable to process requests relating to your Personal Data, in which case, your request will be denied. If you are a resident of Virginia whose privacy rights request has previously been denied by us and you believe we denied it in error, you may appeal for reconsideration of your request using our webform or by calling us toll free at 1-385-262-7184
Please note that if you make a privacy rights request, we will retain the Personal Data submitted in connection with your request for recordkeeping purposes.